Who doesn't like a preview?
So here it is half-way its prototyping phase.
What you see here is an integration of OpenHAB with the Hestia software.
A few remarks:
1. Our main concern is thermal pollution - the temp sensor gets affected by the heat produced by the CPU (SoC) due to the very compact design. The initially onboard DHT22 sensor had to be moved 3cm further to get accurate readings, hence the wires you see.
2. Various case openings were used. This is still not final. Our designers team haven't touched it yet. Oh they will hate it as it is now. Don't tell them:)
3. The relays are not connected yet. They are just placeholders for the airflow
4. Sorry for the ugly proto board and all these wires. Once the design gets finalised, PCB team steps in
- Most of HestiaPi features
- Heating and humidity
- Support for external sensors
- Statistics (plot temperature and humidity readings over time)
- Truly open design not tied to a commercial case like before as a 3D printable version of it will be release on Github
Features to consider securing before releasing:
- On-screen provisioning - no need for a laptop during installation
- Support for multiple external setpoints
Hope you like it !
Please share/like :)